It is quite disgusting to find out your toenail is infected with fungus. The nails become yellowish. The tips thicken and fall out easily. This can happen always and it is frustrating. Well, there have been home remedies for toenail fungus. You might want to look at your kitchen. You may have these common solutions to bring back those beautiful nails.
With all the available drug preparations, why not make the use of home remedies for toenail fungus?
1. Home remedies are usually readily available. It is practical to just use what you already have rather than spend a few dollars going to the drug store and buy medicine.
2. You may want to try the natural method first. Aside from the fact that these are proven to be effective, these are safe. All drugs have side effects. And these will not do any harm if used in the right amount and way.
3. These solutions are effective in killing fungi and restore life to broken nails. Home remedies for toenail fungus naturally contain anti-fungal properties that attack fungi and kill them.
4. Home remedies are just mild to the nails and skin. Some drug preparations are just too strong. After applying, some people have drug interactions like redness on the skin, itchiness, burning or pain. Even if only applied to the nail, the skin absorbs the drug. Too much application might even be absorbed by body and produce systemic side effects.
What are the most effective home remedies for toenail fungus that are commonly found at home?
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – It has been proven that apple cider vinegar has several therapeutic effects. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. It is one of the best home remedies for toenail fungus. This can kill the fungi, make the nails stronger and remove bad odor on your feet. In a basin of water, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and soak your feet for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Baking Soda – Baking soda does not have any anti-fungal effect. What it does is deodorize the feet, getting rid of smelly odor and helps the feet dry. By applying baking soda daily, the sweat on your feet lessens. Just add water to a tablespoonful of baking soda, make a paste and rub on your toenails and feet.
3. Garlic – Who says garlic is for food only? Garlic contains compounds that are naturally fungi killers. These compounds are Allicin and Ajoene. Crush several cloves of garlic, wrap in a cloth and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice on the affected toenail.
4. Lemon Juice –The citric acid found in lemons is potent in fighting fungus. Just cut the lemon into two, and squeeze the juice into a small container. Wet your toes with the juice, leave on for 10-15 minutes then rinse.
Use any kind of home remedies for toenail fungus whichever is available in your home. You can treat your toenail fast, cheap and easy. It may take a few days or weeks for the fungus to go away depending on the extent of infection. Just be patient and your toenails will look healthy soon.